[cabfpub]

Andrew R. Whalley awhalley at google.com
Wed Oct 19 21:06:39 UTC 2016

Greetings,

As I mentioned at the face to face meeting, Gmail will be rolling out the
ability for some users to protect their email with S/MIME.  While the
product details will be announced in due course, we have produced a profile
that must be met for certificates to pass validation. In terms of accepted
roots, the list is yet to be published but those roots that have the email
trust bit set for the programs currently using the CA Community in
Salesforce are highly likely to be accepted.

The document is available here
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8nbdAUn7RfQOElGNlhaQTJmYWM>.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions,

Thanks,

Andrew