[cabfpub] Public Digest, Vol 54, Issue 2

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrust.com
Thu Oct 13 01:04:19 UTC 2016

You are absolutely right, Virginia.

However, I think any CA that assumes a guideline change will happen and actually implements it before the change is finally approved (by expiration of a Review Period with no Exclusion Notices) is being foolish…  I guess the temptation will be there because we are adding an extra 30 day waiting period before CAs know that a successful straw vote is actually the final vote of approval.

But I’m guessing we will not get Exclusion Notices in 95%+ of ballots, so it’s probably worth eliminating the need for a second vote for approval after the expiration of the Review Period where no Exclusion Notices were filed.