[cabfpub] Ballot 171 - Updating ETSI standards in CABF documents

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Jun 17 16:28:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Gervase Markham <gerv at mozilla.org> wrote:

> On 17/06/16 10:43, Barreira Iglesias, Iñigo wrote:
> > *Ballot 171 – Updating the ETSI standards in the CABF documents*
>
> Some ballots recently have had a "statement of intent" at the top; I
> think that would be useful here. Is this ballot solely to update the
> reference numbers of some documents, or does it do other things?

It does other things, which we're still trying to asses the impact of.

Related to "things ballots do" - Inigo, in the past there was an informal
agreement to provide redline versions of ballots to assist in review and
ensuring all matters were touched upon. Would you be willing and able to
put together such a proposal?

If you're not wanting to do it via PDF/Word, an alternative is to use the
GitHub Web flow, as documented at
https://help.github.com/articles/github-flow-in-the-browser/ . If you're
unable to work that, it may be useful to communicate that as well, so
perhaps someone else can try to create a pull request that captures your
proposed changes in a more accessible diff form.