[cabfpub] Update on Ballots

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Tue Jun 28 12:35:39 UTC 2016

There are several active ballots in various stages which I thought I would
summarize below:

Ballot 164, Certificate Serial Entropy: Currently in discussion period.
Voting starts on July 1st

Ballot 171, Updating ETSI Documents: Voting underway. Quorum met but no
browser votes received yet. Voting ends July 1st.

Ballot 172, Removal of Permanent Identifier: Currently in discussion period.
Voting starts tonight

In general, I would say that if there is no discussion during the review
period, then the ballot is not controversial and should pass. Hence if you
have comments, please speak up during the review time. This is more
productive than just voting NO at the end, which only serves to confuse and
waste the time of the ballot authors.

Thanks,

Dean