[cabfpub] Voting process clarification

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Thu Jun 16 13:50:56 UTC 2016

I’m trying to sort out how abstain “votes” relate to ballot outcomes as per our bylaws.  2.2(e) says "Only votes that indicate a clear ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response to the ballot question shall be considered (i.e. votes to abstain and votes that do not indicate a clear ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response will not figure in the calculation of item 6, below).”

The “item 6, below” appears to mean (f) which says "at least 50% plus one of the votes cast by the members in the browser category must be in favor of the motion”.

Am I correct that this means a ballot with 2 abstain “votes” from browsers, one “yes” vote from a browser, and no other browser response would meet the “50% +1” threshold for browsers?

Thanks,
Peter