[cabfpub] A better way to do SHA-1 legacy

Erwann Abalea Erwann.Abalea at docusign.com
Tue Jul 19 16:59:26 UTC 2016

The attacker can tweak the public key and obtain a resulting tbsCert until a set of attacker-defined conditions is met. He doesn’t need to interact with anybody for that, and we don’t know what kind of « attacker-defined conditions » is acceptable.
In my view, it’s a regression from the current scheme.

Cordialement,
Erwann Abalea