[cabfpub] Application for SHA-1 Issuance

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Mon Jul 18 22:25:23 UTC 2016

Posted on behalf of TSYS in response to Gerv's inquiry:

Some terminals need to be replaced with other physical hardware, while others require a download to an updated application.  TSYS cannot make hardware purchasing decisions on behalf of our clients, and clients and merchants need to be consulted on a range of available replacement devices.  As for terminal downloads to an updated application, these must be performed at the device by a person (the updates cannot be "pushed").  TSYS and our clients have been communicating to impacted merchants by mail, e-mail, and telephone regarding the needed updates.  As for the reduction from 300K to 60K terminals, this was accomplished by efforts to confirm certain applications did not need to be updated (applications not owned or provisioned by TSYS) that were on initial "potential" impact lists, as well as successful outbound campaigns to impacted merchants to perform terminal downloads to an updated application.