[cabfpub] Ballot 161 - Notification of incorrect issuance

tScheme Technical Manager richard.trevorah at tScheme.org
Fri Jan 29 16:20:10 UTC 2016

Hi Gerv,

Actually Art 3(16) says:
"(16) ‘trust service’ means an electronic service normally provided for remuneration which consists of:
(a) the creation, verification, and validation of electronic signatures, electronic seals or electronic time stamps, electronic registered delivery services and certificates related to those services, or
(b) the creation, verification and validation of certificates for website authentication; or
(c) the preservation of electronic signatures, seals or certificates related to those services;"

So basically all CAs based in an EU member state would at least be non-qualified TSPs and only be qualified TSPs if they issue QCs or Qualified website certificates.

Richard
Richard Trevorah
Technical Manager
tScheme Limited

M: +44 (0) 781 809 4728
F: +44 (0) 870 005 6311

http://www.tscheme.org

The information in this message and, if present, any attachments are intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). The content of this e-mail and its attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. Unless otherwise stated, any use or disclosure is unauthorised and may be unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message and any attachments and notify the sender as soon as practicable