[cabfpub] Ballot 159 - Amend Section 4 of Baseline Requirements

Sigbjørn Vik sigbjorn at opera.com
Wed Jan 6 09:13:28 UTC 2016

In this case, perhaps the language should match the language used in
section 9.6.3? In general, the BRs impose restrictions on CAs, not
subscribers, and there are no effects if subscribers flaunt the BRs.
Stating "subscribers SHALL" does thus not achieve the intended purpose.
Perhaps language like the following instead:

"The CA SHALL ensure that subscribers commit to subsections 2. and 4. of
section 9.6.3."

Although in that case, why not simply the following instead:

"See section 9.6.3, provisions 2. and 4."

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Opera Software