[cabfpub] Pre-Ballot 164 - Certificate Serial Number Entropy

Rich Smith richard.smith at comodo.com
Thu Apr 28 20:15:34 UTC 2016

I do think this brings up a good point though.  This has come up before
under other ballots requiring code changes to CA core systems.  I think
that any change requiring such code changes should have a minimum lead
time of 6 months from passage of the ballot before becoming mandatory,
unless it is deemed to be a security threat sufficient to require more
immediate action.  Admittedly I do not have the technical expertise to
know if this is such a case.

-Rich