[cabfpub] [cabfquest] EV CS permanentIdentIdentifier as globally unique or localy unique identifier

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu Oct 29 13:51:59 MST 2015

Thanks Arkadiusz,

The EV CS permanent Identifier is intended/designed to be globally unique for EV Certificates.  Although, we should clarify the EV Guidelines to recommend that the assigner be absent (as the assigner is the issuing authority), the task is a low priority given that the use of the permanentIdentifier is already compliant with RFC 4043.

Jeremy