[cabfpub] Ballot 152 - Issuance of SHA-1 certificates through 2016

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Oct 5 23:24:31 MST 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:02 PM, Jeremy Rowley <jeremy.rowley at digicert.com>
wrote:

> Also  - a point of order on this, but I thought all ballots needed one
> telephone call or face to face before they could be started?  Did that
> change?

That was never required by the bylaws. While a good idea to gauge as a
bellwether for the likeliness of the ballot to succeed, any member may
propose a ballot at any time, so long as requisite number of co-sponsors is
found, adequate time is given for review and voting, and that review and
voting is clearly indicated in the ballot.