[cabfpub] Ballot 152 - Issuance of SHA-1 certificates through 2016

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Fri Oct 2 14:06:43 MST 2015

I apologize; I messed up the dates. I meant to start both periods on a Monday, so review starting Monday Oct 5 and ballot starting the following Monday.

The goal is to allow CAs to issue SHA-1 certs through 2016, for browser-mediated connections and other internal or external TLS connections. The current BRs prohibit us from issuing SHA-1 certs in 2016 for any purpose from public roots.

-Rick