[cabfpub] FW: Extension of period allowing .onion certificates

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Nov 23 17:59:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 9:41 AM, kirk_hall at trendmicro.com <
kirk_hall at trendmicro.com> wrote:

> One other point – Ballot 144 only authorized .onion certs for EV certs –
> not for OV and DV.  Perhaps that should also be changed.

Given your opposition to the ballot, and your past remarks about groups
doing "make work" for the sake of change, I'm somewhat surprised to see you
suggest a ballot .onion for DV/OV, unless you're indicating that TrendMicro
has done a 180 on the matter since the ballot passed.

Considering that this has already been a topic of the list, if it is
something that TrendMicro is interested in pursuing, the thread from
earlier this month can likely shed light into the considerations and why it
may not be appropriate (yet) for .onion for DV/OV

https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2015-November/006212.html
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2015-November/006213.html