[cabfpub] Domain Validation Revision

Bruce Morton bruce.morton at entrust.com
Fri Feb 13 13:17:57 UTC 2015

Some comments:

Item 1 would originally allow confirmation of the domain name registrant using a WHOIS review. Now this must be done using a Reliable Method of Communications which does not appear to be compatible.

Items 2, 3 and 4 now state "Confirming authorization of the Certificate's issuance". The purpose of section 11.1.1 is to confirm "the Applicant either is the Domain Name Registrant or has control." I don't think we need the new language about certificate's issuance.

Thanks, Bruce.