[cabfpub] CAB Forum Bugzilla

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Sep 23 03:55:15 MST 2014

Hi everyone,

As those who attended the F2F will know, the CAB Forum now has a shiny
new Bugzilla installation, which we want to use to track bugs and issues
in the CAB Forum documents, and with our websites:

https://bugzilla.cabforum.org/

At the moment, the system is open - anyone can create an account or file
a bug. This will be monitored and may change if there is abuse. Active
individual members of the CAB Forum are encouraged to create accounts,
so they can be CCed on bugs which may be of interest to them. So if you
don't have one, please go and make one.

We would like to appoint a "triage lead" for each Bugzilla Product
(representing a document or website), who would be responsible for
monitoring incoming bugs and bringing appropriate ones to the attention
of the bi-weekly meetings. If you are interested in taking on that role
for EV, the BRs, the Network Security document, the website or the wiki,
please let me know.

I will be looking to add further capabilities to Bugzilla to allow forum
members to monitor activity on bugs related to documents of particular
interest.

Those who are not familiar with Bugzilla may want to play with it to
learn how it works. The best place to do that is in the Bugzilla
project's testing installation here:

https://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-4.4-branch/

Please don't file test bugs in the CAB Forum Bugzilla.

Gerv