[cabfpub] FW: [cabfquest] CP Working Group Participation

Rich Smith richard.smith at comodo.com
Mon Sep 15 12:01:41 MST 2014

How about adding the following as a clarification in Section 9.2.4 of the
BRs:

"Taking into account the optional nature of the Locality and State/Province
fields, as specified in Section 9.2.4 (c) and (d) respectively and taking
into account the possible use of the user-assigned country code XX as
specified in Section 9.2.5, IF the certificate Subject Organization field is
populated THEN Locality, State/Province and Country fields MUST also be
populated in accordance with the standard postal address conventions within
the Applicant's jurisdiction."

I think that still keeps the fields as optional when it is indeed correct to
do so, but makes it clear that any and all of those fields which are
included the official address of the Applicant MUST be included in the
certificate.

Regards,

Rich