[cabfpub] .onion and .exit

Jeremy.Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu Oct 23 16:24:32 MST 2014

Thanks Adam.  That's my thought as well.  If it was any other internal
name other than onion, I wouldn't mention it. However, if supporting
.onion shows support for Tor and what they are doing, I think it'd be
worth looking how we can carve out an exception.   As for the
"slippery-slope" argument, I'd say we have to evaluate them on a
case-by-case basis (meaning they'll all be one-off hacks).  If another
browser/community developed similar features as Tor with goals equally
as valid (in my eyes), then I'd support them too.  I'm not aware of any
that fit this criteria though.

Jeremy