[cabfpub] Ballot 118 - SHA1 Sunset

Kelvin Yiu kelviny at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Oct 7 11:27:45 MST 2014

I think you have 2 problems when trying to support XP users after 1/1/2016:

1. Not being able to get new SHA1 SSL certificates that works on XP
2. Not being able to get new code signing certificates to sign new builds of Firefox, or sign Firefox in such a way that the same file will work on XP and the latest Windows release.

Assuming you can workaround the first problem by finding a 1024 bit root CA that may or may not meet other security requirements, how will you deal with the 2nd problem?

Kelvin