[cabfpub] [TRANS] CA survey - CT Precertificate format in 6962-bis

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Thu Oct 2 13:38:21 MST 2014

[Only CABForum members can post to this list, hence why I'm forwarding
this message from Melinda Shore]

Hi, all:

I co-chair the IETF "trans" working group, which is in the process
of developing a standards-track specification for certificate
transparency (logging).  We're trying to get a handle on the
potential impact of including serial numbers in precertificates.
Are there CAs who would otherwise implement CT but for whom
either needing to know the serial number of a certificate prior
to it being issued, or having to issue a certificate and precertificate
simultaneously would be 1) a complete non-starter, or 2)
excessively onerous?

Thanks,

Melinda

--