[cabfpub] Non url-encoded OCSP requests using the GET method

Erwann Abalea erwann.abalea at keynectis.com
Mon Mar 31 08:59:55 UTC 2014

The encoding isn't done with a "%/" but a "%2F" (similarly, "+" is
transformed into a "%2B", and "=" into a "%3D").

The best way to treat such input is to be liberal when receiving them:
accept the request wether it's encoded or not (i.e. do your best to
deliver a revocation status, even if the request is badly formatted).
Since what is url-encoded is a base64 string, that's pretty easy to
satisfy; just url-decode the request (just once), and try to
de-base64-ify it. In that last step, if you receive characters that are
not in the base64 charset, reject it. Some encoders can remove the
trailing "=" characters, that's another check to do.

--
Erwann ABALEA