[cabfpub] Proposal for change of definition of Internal Server Name in the BRs

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Thu Mar 13 16:15:44 UTC 2014

Gerv - the current definition of ISN (and prohibition under BR 9.2.1) is flawed, as it could include certs for FQDNs that are not used on the public internet -- which was not our intent.  Here's the current definition: "Internal Server Name: A Server Name (which may or may not include an Unregistered Domain Name) that is not resolvable using the public DNS."

We're trying to change this so "ISN" now means a server name that's not registered in WhoIs, etc.