[cabfpub] BR Enterprise RAs

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Wed Jan 22 21:12:53 UTC 2014

On 22/01/14 18:54, Rich Smith wrote:
<snip>
> TBH, going through this again, it's pretty clear to me that you and Rob
> are both wrong

Rich, just to be clear, I'm basing my comments on what the BRs actually
say, since AIUI that's the standard against which the CAs are audited.

> and that the three bits above clearly were put there
> specifically to exempt Enterprise RA from "...as of the date the
> Certificate was issued..." statement in 11.1.1.

I'm not convinced that those three bits, as written, support that
conclusion.

I have no idea whether or not the intent was for Enterprise RAs to be
exempted from certain requirements.  You're more likely to know/remember
than me!

> I'm guessing that at this point you and I may have to agree to disagree,

Which is why I long to see the BRs disambiguated.  ;-)

> so I'd like to see someone else weigh in here.

+1

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist

COMODO CA Limited, Registered in England No. 04058690
Registered Office:
   3rd Floor, 26 Office Village, Exchange Quay,
   Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ

addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to
this email may be monitored by COMODO for operational or business
reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free
from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is
requested to use their own virus checking software.