[cabfpub] CISCO issue

i-barreira at izenpe.net i-barreira at izenpe.net
Fri Jan 24 07:49:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I´d like to raise this question to the public list to see if someone can help J

In the Basque Government they´ve been working with some CISCO products for years, they had the so called ACE 20 and now have changed to the newer ACE 30, model K9 (Cisco Application Control Engine Module      ACE30-MOD-K9)

These are kind of accelerators are used to increase the performance of the SSL connections.

The problem so far is that these products don´t support RSA 4096 bits because of performance reasons according to CISCO answers and our CAs key length are of 4K, the good news is that in the latest software version available (A5-3.0 in January 2014) support TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.

The questions are:

-          Does anyone know a solution? Kind of a workaround?

-          Does anyone know someone at CISCO who can give an overview? or a roadmap of the product when this is going to be available (if so)?

-          Any other product with the same features but supporting 4K? I know that F5 have something similar but not sure

TIA

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.net <mailto:i-barreira at izenpe.net>

945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea. Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna. KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en contacto con el remitente.