[cabfpub] [cabfman] Behavior of browsers when there are 2 CRLDP

michal.proszkiewicz at unizeto.pl michal.proszkiewicz at unizeto.pl
Mon Jan 13 08:54:56 UTC 2014

We can discuss this on the public list.

Michał

Ryan Sleevi <sleevi at google.com>
2014-01-11 05:13

Do
michal.proszkiewicz at unizeto.pl
DW
"'management at cabforum.org' (management at cabforum.org)"
<management at cabforum.org>
Temat
Re: [cabfman] Behavior of browsers when there are 2 CRLDP

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 7:42 AM, <michal.proszkiewicz at unizeto.pl> wrote:

Can anyone tell what is the behavior of different browsers when there are
two CRLDP in the certificate.

The things that we are interested in are:
- is CRLDP address chosen randomly, first listed or maybe some other way?
- if one address fail (ex. server timeout or 404 error) does browser try
another one, after what time?

I know that Firefox won't be using CRL's at all in the near future, but
how does it look for the other browsers? (IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera)
What about mobile browsers, are they using CRL's at all?

One of our enterprise customer asked for second CRLDP address (that will
be located in customers infrastructure) in the certificate and we are
researching if there is any point to make such change in the structure of
the certificate.

Best regards,
-Michał Proszkiewicz

Happy to reply if you'd be comfortable discussing this on the public list.