[cabfpub] Domain Control Validation

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Sun Aug 24 16:16:47 UTC 2014

Does anyone recall whether we have ever discussed domain control validation by having the Applicant demonstrate practical control over the FQDN by making a change to information in the DNS zone file?

The EV Guidelines cross-reference Section 11.1 of the Baseline Requirements for this, but it seems that this method is not in subsections 1 through 6 (the closest is subsection 6, from which I drew some of the language for my question), and the EV Guidelines exclude reliance on subsection 7.   Could this be an item that the EV Guidelines working group should add to its list of items to review, if it isn't already on the list?

Thanks

Ben