[cabfpub] [cabfman] Notes of meeting, CAB Forum, 21 March 2013, Version 1

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Mar 22 21:14:52 UTC 2013

On 03/22/2013 09:48 PM, From Ryan Sleevi:
> Every byte is critical during the critical SSL/TLS handshake

As for me, security can't be traded for speed - no matter what - and
personally I don't care a bit (nor byte). My task isn't to make the
Internet faster (of course I love if it does), but whenever possible
more secure. What we are discussing has been in place as a basic and in
my opinion minimum mechanism to indicate a certificate's status.

If speed is an issue lets work on making revocation check both faster
and more reliable by enabling hard fail.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
XMPP: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>