[cabfpub] ICANN, gTLD, internal names

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Mar 15 21:27:13 UTC 2013

On 03/15/2013 10:27 PM, From Erwann ABALEA:
> I don't think the recent request to consider ".corp" as internal (and
> reject the gTLD application) will receive a positive answer.

They however closely use the same argumentation I've been using during
all discussions for the last few years including those preceding the BR.
And I'm not surprised really - when certificate authorities confirm
something that it hasn't verified and isn't able to verify, it failed in
its very basic tasks.

We are on the right track with phasing them out and ICANN apparently is
willing to work with the CAB Forum, but my recommendation is to stop
this practice as soon as possible voluntarily.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
XMPP: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>