[cabfpub] Concerns regarding Mozilla Root Program/Baseline Requirements

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Tue Aug 6 16:31:21 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 06:57 PM, From kirk_hall at trendmicro.com:

> I was at meetings where the 60 month limit and 39 month limit were
> discussed, and the final meeting in the Bay Area where BR 9.4 was
> discussed and decided on – with input by Brad Hill of Paypay, as I
> recall.  There was no discussion of revoking pre-BR certs that I can
> recall.

Wayne agreed that from the time of discussion Godaddy wont issue
certificates with a longer period than 60 month - this was one of the
concerns and that there must be enough time to phase them out (and
further to 39 month). This happened before the BR was approved and still
drafted but allowed enough time for them to adjust in order not to have
to revoke any (future) certificates.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>