[cabfpub] Ballot 92 reviewed

Steve Roylance steve.roylance at globalsign.com
Wed Oct 31 14:54:22 UTC 2012

Hi Eddy,

Indeed, that's correct and this is my main concern.   As I've said on
providing clear information to users about todays reality.  The security
guard who holds 10 keys to open 10 locks or one skeleton key that also opens
the same ten locks brings up interesting points of discussion, but what I'm
trying to identify here is to let people know there's a security guard at
all.  Whether he's the owner of all of the keys and locks or is acting on
behalf of separate owners is what the Ballot tries to offer.

IPv6, SNI etc will eventually slow the rate/need for multi dimensional,
multi owner certificates and hopefully also increase the adoption rate of
simple domain validated certificates.

With Ryan's help I'm going to create a few real life examples to illustrate
the points that everyone is confused about.  Hopefully by tomorrow, but if
not then by Friday.

Steve